Monday, October 7, 2013

Busy days

God provided a way for Doug to get a bike. One car is wonderful, but schedules were just overlapping and now husband is a very eccentric looking professor. He even tucks his pants in his socks while riding. But the funniest was the first week.....5 flat tires! He went through the city carrying the bike on his shoulders. 5 sounds unbelievable, but than maybe you don't know Doug.
 
The big boys room was in the paper. Guess bunk beds for 3 is a pretty "wow" thing.  I was just excited to have a clean room.  Friends-you can look for all the beautiful things you have given us.  Josh and Lisee, we brought your furniture and have it in nearly every room!  I was like a kid getting out the dart board I had hidden under my bed for at least 4 years (a garage sale find) finally getting used!
Two sick little boys.  Seems we keep getting one fever and flu after another.  But they sure are sweet.
Finally, after the conference I got a hubby for a day.  I kindof like our way of keeping the mess to a minimum. Really works!  $2 mirror we hauled from Indy didn't quite make the long haul, so I turned it into a white bulletin board.  Thanks, Sandra, for sending the cork board roll with Tara. 
This is our aunt's maid and she is wonderful!!  I asked her to give me a lesson one day on cutting meat.  Wow-impressive! I have read about it and tried and tried...but there is something like 40 years of experience that was invaluable! Lucy, my mother-in-law, still makes the best though! 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow, what a claim to fame to have your home (or at least the boys' room) featured in the paper! Was the article very extensive? Did it say much about your family and what you are doing?