Thursday, November 19, 2009

Waiting for a phone call.

There was a definate highlight for our Hawaii trip . . .and it was happening in West Virginia. I got an early phone call from my sister Greta. She had started labor for their precious little gift. I don't think I could ever be able to put into words for Greta what it is like to have an older sister like her. She always set a path --and I always wanted to follow. I always knew she was the best at everything. I always assumed that I had a best friend in her, even though I wasn't kind or friendly most of the time. And I have pretty much known from the beginning she would make the most wonderful mother ever. Greta, I love you. This precious little Caleb is a tangible gift of faith -something for me to praise my Savior more seeing His faithfulness again. I am so thrilled for him to be in a family where Christ is Savior. Thank you, Greta, for your faithfulness, example, and forgiveness. You are a wonderful older sis and will make, by God's grace, the most wonderful mother.

4 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

what a sweet post to your sis!

D Family of 3 said...

Thank you. The Lord is perfect in His timing and I'm thankful for a Godly example that I can follow in you. I love you!

The Drakester said...

Ditto to all Leah said ;)

Sara said...

Wow, I hope my own children will someday have such a sibling relationship like the glimpse of yours you've given us here.